You can add Copyright and Captions directly at Import. Inserting a memory card into a card reader will open the Import dialog window automatically.
A small eye icon (PC) or a crossed over pencil (MAC) will appear in the bottom right corner of an image if a file is unsupported or if you don’t have the access rights to edit a file. You might see this read-only icon if you try to edit images files located on a camera or a CD.
Note: JPEG files will have a read-only icon if the Enable JPEG Editing option is unchecked.
See Preferences and Customization.
To Import Images
- Go to File and select Import Images…
The dialog box will open to browse files.
- Navigate to the applicable folder, card or disk in the Locations tool.
- Select Capture Folder (import location) and a Subfolder option.
- The Naming tab enables users to choose the Format and Job name.
Use the Metadata tab to fill in copyright information and a description if desired.
- You can select all or specific images to import.
Note: You can always rename files later; see Renaming Multiple Files.
- Press Import All.
You can continue working while images are imported in the background.
Exporting files from Capture One will create a copy of the original file with all the specified applied settings. This is defined as processing an image.
The raw file will remain untouched in its original folder location after the processed copy of it has been exported to a different folder.